Women’s Trauma Group
Virtual Trauma Recovery and Empowerment Model Group
Tuesdays & Thursdays: 6PM – 7:30PM
TREM is an evidence based, fully manualized 24-session group intervention for women who have survived trauma and have mental health and/or substance use conditions. This model draws on cognitive restructuring, skills training, and psychoeducational techniques to address recovery and healing from sexual, physical, and emotional abuse. TREM consists of three major parts. The first section, on empowerment, helps group members learn strategies for self-comfort and accurate self-monitoring as well as ways to establish safe physical and emotional boundaries. The second component of TREM focuses more directly on trauma experience and its consequences. In the third section, focus shifts explicitly to skills building. These sessions include emphases on communication style, decision-making, regulating overwhelming feelings, and establishing safer, more reciprocal relationships.
The overall goals of (TREM) are:
- Increased trauma recovery skills
- Increased self-esteem
- Increased boundary-setting
- Increased emotional regulation
- Increased judgment and decision-making
- Decreased mental health symptoms
- Decreased anxiety
- Decreased depression
- Decreased hostility
- Decreased post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms
- Decreased substance abuse
Fee: $75 per session
(Carefirst BCBS & Out-of-Network Benefits Accepted)
Don’t have CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield insurance? Here are some questions to discuss with your insurance carrier to get reimbursed for group treatment:
- Do I have out-of-network mental health benefits?
- What is my deductible and has it been met?
- How many psychotherapy sessions per year does my health insurance cover?
- What is the coverage amount per therapy session?
- Is pre-authorization required from my primary care physician?
- Within what time period must the claim be submitted to the insurance company?
***$450 deposit required to hold your space.***